Drain-Jordan Library Laptop Circulation Guidelines
A limited number of laptop computers are available for in-library use only. They may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops are loaned for in-library use on a first-come, first-served basis. No holds or reservations are allowed.
- Laptops are loaned only to current students, faculty and staff with validated University IDs.
- Library users with overdue or non-returned Library materials may not check out laptops.
- Laptops are loaned for a three (3) hour period. No laptop will be due later than half an hour before the Library's closing, no matter when it is
checked out. Laptops may be renewed if no one else is waiting for one.
- When you borrow a laptop, the Library Associate will tell you when it is due. Please note the time when the computer is due; you will be
assessed overdue fines for late returns.
- Laptop late fees are $1.00 per minute, assessed after a 15-minute grace period, up to a maximum of $10.00.
- The borrower is responsible for any damage done to the computer while it is in his/her possession.
- If you have problems with the laptop, bring it to the Circulation Desk immediately and ask for assistance.
- Library laptops print to the main Circulation Desk printer (black and white). Color printouts are not available from laptops.
- Save your work to a portable flash drive. Your files will be erased from the laptop when it is shut down.