Pathfinder Criminal Justice Research
|| of the Drain-Jordan Library, West Virginia State University
Students are encouraged to exploit the resources of the Drain-Jordan Library.
The library offers databases (collections of electronic articles), print and ebooks (electronic books).
There are facts, opinions, and statistics to support and enhance any research project.
|Let's begin! |
The library's web site (http://library.wvstateu.edu) is an excellent starting point. The online book
catalog and most databases (electronic articles) are always available 24/7/365 on OR off-campus.
- To search for journal articles, click on the box "databases" located on the left side of the library
web site -- library.wvstateu.edu. The database page alphabetically displays all the available
databases. On the left side of this database page are subject divisions. Click on the Criminal
Justice link to search criminal justice related databases. To access the
databases off campus, click the off campus link located underneath the
database description on the right side. See example below.
The username is the first part of your WVSU email - everything before the @ symbol. The password is
the same password you use for your WVSU email. (The campus proxy server is confirming
you have a valid campus email.)
- To search for e-books (electronic books) -- click on the Research Tools link located near the
top of the library web site -- library.wvstateu.edu. Next click on the E-Book Sets link.
Access off campus the same way as shown above.
- Other reputable criminal justice related links are available under the Research Tools link. Click on the
Search By Subject link for additional criminal justice information.
- To locate periodical (magazine, journal, newspaper) articles if you have a citation, you use our Journal Finder tool.
It is available under the same Research Tools link, called Journals By Title, on the
page there are directions and the Journal Finder icon/link. This resource tells you which databases
have a journal and the range of years full-text articles are available. It also includes journals the library owns
with the range of years, volumes, and the format.
|ANY QUESTIONS? CONTACT US - WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
| Assistance is available the following ways:
- Telephone-call the main number of the library 304-766-3116 and ask for the reference desk.
- Email the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If convenient, stop in the library.
Compiled by Mary Horn |
Library Homepage | WVSU Homepage