Food and Drink in the Library
In order to have a pleasant atmosphere conducive to learning, please comply with the following food and drink guidelines.
The Drain-Jordan Library provides many trash cans and recycling bins located throughout the library. Report any spills to
the library staff and help us keep your library clean.
WHAT FOOD and DRINK ARE ALLOWED
- Beverages in sturdy, covered, spill-proof containers
- Snacks that do not have an aroma and are not messy such as fruit, pretzels, nuts, granola bars, candy, etc.
WHAT FOOD and DRINK ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Beverages in uncovered containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any food that is considered a meal such as hot and/or made-to-order food. This
includes food from Subway, Taco Bell, Wilson Student Union cafeteria, pizza, etc.
- Food requiring utensils
WHERE NO FOOD and DRINK ARE ALLOWED
Enjoy your snacks anywhere in the library EXCEPT those areas listed below.
- Near library computers
- Near library-owned laptops
- Near equipment such as scanners, televisions, video players, etc.
- Near copiers and microfilm equipment
- In the Archives and Special Collections area
Covered beverages are allowed in Main floor computing areas.
The Drain-Jordan Library reserves the right to ask anyone violating the above guidelines to leave the library.