East Hall was erected in 1895. It served as a home to the presidents of West Virginia State
College during the early years of the university. It has served as a boys' dormitory, chemistry lab and sewing department.
Although it was moved from the east to the west side of the campus in 1940, it retained its original name (which came from
its original campus location). East Hall was placed on the National Historic register of Historic homes in America during
the 1990-1991 academic year. National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form. It currently serves as the home for WVSU University Advancement.