Hamblin Hall was completed in time to receive students for
fall semester of 1952. This building houses the College of Natural Sciences
and Mathematics with offices, classrooms and laboratories
for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Biotechnology, as well as, the university
computer center. The science building is named for Adolph P. Hamblin, Professor
of Biology from 1921 to 1966. Renovation of Hamblin Hall was begun October 26, 1987 and
completed in 1989.
text on photo above:
The Science building was built in 1950 to house the department of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The structure was officially named Adolph Hamblin Science Building in 1975. Mr. Hamblin had
chaired the Biology Department for years and had also been Head Football Coach. Many of
Mr. Hamblin's biological specimens are still on display in the building.
Update Note: Mr. Hamblin's biological specimens are no longer on display.