Jones Hall was originally an Elementary Training School which
was completed in 1924. It contained seven classrooms, an office and cloak room. The building
served as the laboratory for Observation and Directed Teaching in the elementary grades.
Jones Hall was named for President James McHenry Jones (1898 - 1909). The building now houses
the National Center of Human Relations of West Virginia State University which is an active
forum for deliberative dialogue, consensus building and racial reconciliation, and the University